1. When is Boxing Day?
a. 26 December
b. 25 December
c. 30 May
d. 26 January
2. At the end of World War II, there was an oversupply of labour inAustralia: true or false?
3. In 1967 which country took over from Britain as Australia's leading trading partner?
c. New Zealand
4. Why did the Australian government move in the 1980s and 1990s to remove protections on the country's economy?
a. It wanted more control of the economy
b. The government believed this would reduce wages
c. It was believed the economy would grow more strongly
5. Where is the Kokoda Track?
c. Papua New Guinea
6. Religious laws have no legal status within Australia: true or false?
7. Why is Governor Lachlan Macquarie remembered with great affection?
a. Because he gave great banquets at government house
b. Because he treated reformed convicts as if they had never offended
c. Because he released so many convicts
8. Why has Australia become a sport-crazy nation?
a. Mass unemployment allowed people to play sport
b. Playing sport is a legal requirement
c. People have more leisure time, the climate is good and there is plenty of open space
9. Which take prevalence: state laws or Commonwealth laws?
a. State laws always prevail over Commonwealth laws
b. Commonwealth laws prevail over state laws
c. Commonwealth laws prevail, except for laws relating to violent crime
10. An individual's vote in an election is secret: true or false?
11. What is the capital of Australia?
12. The name Australia derives from the Latin word Australis. What does Australis mean?
a. Of the south
13. Which controversial government policy began to be dismantled in 1967?
a. The White Australia Policy
b. The Aboriginal Settlements Policy
c. The Snowy Mountains Policy
14. When was the Aboriginal flag first displayed?
a. 30 May 1955
b. 12 July 1971
c. 3 September 1901
15. In which two years has Australia hosted the Olympic Games?
a. 1976 and 2004
b. 1984 and 1992
c. 1956 and 2000
16. In Australia, everyone must practise the official state religion: true or false?
17. When is New Year's Day celebrated in Australia?
a. 26 December
b. 25 December
c. 26 January
d. 1 January
18. Which state is also known as the 'Festival State'?
b. South Australia
c. New South Wales
19. With which sport are the names Sedgman, McGregor, Hoad and Rosewall associated?
20. What happened at the Ballarat goldfield in 1854?
a. Many gold diggers were killed by a flash flood
b. The world's largest gold nugget was discovered
c. Gold diggers staged a large protest
- 科普：澳大利亚机场退税小白攻略！留学生... (2018-04-16)
- 毕业典礼高峰期临近——DIY澳大利亚旅游签... (2018-04-11)
- [3.21EOI官报]会计继续零获邀，审计80分缓... (2018-04-09)
- 【重磅】父母移民经济担保人收入要求突变... (2018-04-09)
- 出国留学，我们赢在起跑线！国内英语专业... (2018-03-20)
- 作为英语专业毕业生，如何塑造更好的自己? (2018-03-20)
- 科普：如何在国内网上开通澳洲银行账户？... (2018-03-05)
- 【重磅】TSS/186/187关键问题悉数出炉！移... (2018-02-28)
- 2018澳洲十大最美校园排行榜新鲜出炉！快... (2018-02-26)
- 【重磅】TSS签证正式命名为482签证！ 十... (2018-02-22)
- 【八年】隔岸观火者的踌躇: 一个准留学生 放弃出国对PR的一些想法(2012.03.03更新)
- 【环球澳智】专业疑难留学 新型投资移民 我们拿成功案例 和 事实说话！
- 美国移民局（ML）如何进行“网上案件进度结果查询(My Case Status)”